Monday, September 25, 2006

Whale Watching

These are not great photos, but the subject was very exciting to me. When I headed up the Oregon coast last weekend, I had no idea this was the time of year for whale watching. I was sooooo excited when I just happened to stop at a spot overlooking the ocean and there were 5 Gray Whales feeding in the area.

This is the first one I saw and my heart almost stopped. She was so beautiful and graceful and almost directly below me. I just had time to snap a couple photos before she disappeared back down into the water.



This is a closer crop of the barnacles on her back.



The other whales were further out and I mostly just caught their spouting and small parts of their bodies.





PHOTOWANNABE, you said you were whale watching in the same area a few weeks ago. I hope your sightings were as exciting as mine.