Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Mud Slinging... Fun Style

First I apologize to Salty and others who have dial up, for so many photos in one post.

These photos were taken last summer. My grandson was looking forward to his base ball game one Saturday but when we got to the field we learned that the game was called because of a huge mud puddle in the middle of the field. He was very disappointed and on the verge of tears until his mom came to the rescue!

My daughter, Christy, is a very hands-on totally-involved mom. She not only doesn't mind muddy/sloppy/yukky things that would have made me cringe when I had young kids.. she encourages them!

So.. not to let this mud puddle ruin the day, she took off her shoes and splashed right into it. Needless to say she was followed by my grandson who quickly forgot his disappointment.

Img_8670

This is my muddy grandson Raymon :)

Img_8763

Most of the other parents were quickly hurrying their kids away before they got wet but the coach, after some convincing, let her kids join the fun.

Img_8737

Img_8840

These kids will remember the fun they had this day MUCH longer than they would ever have remembered the ball game or the disappointment they felt when it was cancelled.

You rock Christy!

Img_8735