Saturday, December 26, 2009

Books make GREAT gifts!!








Around this time of year there are always a few books coming out that feature my artwork, photos and/or stories about me. At the last book signing (www.RevolutionBookNYC.org) I met PHADE who also graduated from the High School of Art & Design www.ArtAlumni.com ( but 7 years after me) The project he just finished is a 20 foot canvas for THE HIP HOP CULTURE CENTER in Harlem NY at the Magic Johnson Theater. (www.GlobalArtistsCoalition.org) The artwork needs to be photographed before he presents it to them cause they will cut it up in sections, frame it and have it go up and down their staircase.
So off I went to the Grand Concourse in the Bronx. The building the Art was in also housed the Love Gospel Assembly Church and a Soup Kitchen! (www.FoodBankNYC.org) apon examining the painting I noticed my name among the other names of people who influenced society so I asked him if he put that there after he met me - he said no- he knew of me from school, my art and presence has stayed around long after I did!