Friday, October 6, 2006

Anger and Frustration

This morning, this was where my MP3 player and heater/air conditioner were :(

This happened in the small parking lot where I work some time between 3:30 and 5:30 this afternoon. Broad daylight in a busy area in my little town.

I just HATE this. I'm sure my insurance will pay for the damage and the nice officer I spoke to said chances are, since I have the make, model and serial number for the MP3 player, it will show up at a pawn shop somewhere eventually and I'll get it back. The thing is, is this is my designated parking space and I'll never feel safe parking there again. Many times I've worked until after dark and my car is the only one in the poorly lit lot and it hasn't bothered me. Now my sense of security is gone.

This is the first time I've been robbed and now I understand what people mean when they say they feel violated.

One strange thing is that there is no damage to the windows of the car and no evidence of a breakin and I'm 99% sure I had my doors locked.

So I'm sitting here doing all the self-talk stuff. I know by being angry I'm giving the thief power over me. I work at a non-profit agency that serves low-income folks with energy assistance, rent/mortgage assistance and homeless assistance. Many of these clients are dealing with drug and alcohol issues and some are desparately trying to keep their power on and food on the table, and people will do drastic things when they are in crisis. I'm telling myself this person was high on drugs or needed to feed his family and it was nothing personal against me.

It sure feels personal though.....