Sunday, December 31, 2006

Because Of You...

When I started this Photo-a-Day project on Jan 1 2006 I really didn’t think I could keep it up for a full year. I’m not great at sticking with things I start because I easily get bored and move on to something else.

I’ve been taking digital photos for about 4 years but have always considered myself average and had no idea anyone else would be interested in seeing my photos.

When you, dear viewers, first started saying good things about my work, I thought “they’re just being nice”. When you started telling me I was a good photographer, I thought “they just haven’t seen GOOD photography”. When I first started the blog, I wasn’t concerned with quality so much, but just getting something posted. But you kept coming back to see what I was doing and you kept telling me I was good and because I didn’t want to disappoint you I kept trying harder to turn out better work.

I have learned so much in the past year and I do believe I am a better photographer now than I was this time last year. You guys are a huge part of the reason for that. Thanks so much for all your comments, support and encouragement over the year. You really have made a difference.

Happy New Year! Here’s to another great year for all of us.

Here are some of my favorites for 2006.

2006 fotos 05

2006 fotos 04

2006 fotos 03

2006 fotos 02

2006 fotos 01

These collages were created with LumaPix FotoFusion. You can download a free trial version here