Sunday, June 21, 2009

Delfino Wine-Tasting Room Photos

A few months ago I got an email from a local winery Delfino Vineyards. I had taken a photo of their vineyard and it was printed in our local newspaper. For some reason my name didn’t get attached to the photo, but Terri Delfino saw the photo, liked it and set out to find out who took it. She found my blog where I had also posted the photo along with information about their vineyard (use the Delfino link below to see the photo)

Terri asked if I would be interested in having some of my photos for sale in their new tasting room, I agreed and have been busy editing, printing and framing since then. They plan their grand opening for early July. It’s exciting. I have never sold any of my work except for photos donated to raise money for local non-profit agencies, so it will be interesting to see how it goes.

The Delfino’s aren’t charging a commission since they gain by using a local artist to help decorate the tasting room. I gain because if I do happen to sell any photos, I can buy a new lens I’ve wanted for awhile. It’s been a fun experience and when I went out to visit Jim and Terri, I found them to be lovely people.

I thought it would be fun to post some of the photos this week that will be on display in the tasting room. I'll have a card with each one explaining where the shot was taken.

This first one was taken on Nonpareil Road West of Sutherlin, Oregon.

Barn with Clouds