Thursday, June 18, 2009

Portland's Peculiar People - Take Two

Adding to yesterday's post.. It seems in parts of Portland there are sidewalk cafes on every block. We were sitting at a red light and I snapped a shot of this little restaurant with people eating out on the sidewalk.

Portland Oregon Sidewalk Cafe

As I was clicking away, this man turned and gave me a who-in-the-hell-do-you-think-you-are look. I couldn't resist... I grabbed one more shot as we drove away and I yelled out the window... "ITS OK.. I'M A TOURIST!" I think my friend, Darlene, would have slinked under the seat if she wasn't driving.

Portland Oregon Sidewalk Cafe - dirty look

When I started editing this last shot, I fell in love with this photo. Two gorgeous people with wonderful expressions. I can't help but think that if they ever did run across this photo they would think they looked pretty good.

Portland Oregon - Beautiful Strangers

One more quick shot and I will leave Portland's Peculiar people in Peace.

Pretty in Purple

So is it wrong to take candid shots of strangers? I don't generally do it. I know its legal to take photos of anyone in a public place but is it right?